Wednesday 28 June 2017

WOYWW.....

Where did the last week go to?  Time certainly flies when you're having fun doesn't it?  Firstly I must apologise to those who called in here last week that I didn't manage to leave comments on.  My days just disappeared and here we are back to Wednesday again!  I will aim to do better this week but I never know what work is coming through my door at any minute.  During last week I had orders for 7 of my Memory bears as you know and the orders are still flooding in so I thought I'd show you the last three I've made....





The two stripey bears are made out of special baby clothes and I have to say they are some of my favourites.....don't you just love the little sailor collar on the top one?

The black fronted bear is for someone just leaving secondary school ....I'm not over keen on the all black front but what the customer wants the customer gets and I'm sure it will hold special memories for the young lady it's going to.


Here's the little black bear sitting on top of a pile of sewing I've been doing this week....2 zipped cushion covers made and 3 huge chair backs hemmed all round.

Plus many other sewing jobs are hanging on my rail....it's been a really busy week.
And for those that left me lovely comments last week about the craft fair I was doing on Friday....here's my table full of goodies.

I'm sorry to say I sold nothing!  It was advertised as a craft fair but was really a school fun day so the children spent their money on sweets, drinks and games.  I handed out many fliers so hopefully I may gain a few more customers but it was a lesson learnt as they say....it cost me £10 for the table, £10 for a raffle prize and we bought raffle tickets on top of that plus I lost half a days work [and had customers wanting to come too!!].  All in all it proved to be an expensive afternoon but you have to try it to know and I came away still smiling because I had had a lovely afternoon with my hubby and met some lovely people while there.

So that's all from me for today.  The sewing is still flooding in through my door so I will pop over to yours to say hello in snatched breaks during my day.  Hope you're all having a fab week.
Hugs,
Annie x

18 comments:

Lynn Holland said...

I know only to well that feeling when you don't sell anything or very little. It's why I don't do it any more. I always want to buy something from everyone's stall but of course that's not feasible is it.
I saw a blanket this week made from babies first clothes, it was very impressive. I've not seen one before. You are always so amazingly busy Annie. Love to Milly xxx

glitterandglue said...

Hi Annie. Great desk and lovely bears... As you say, you never know what the event is until you get there - sorry you didn't sell anything, but you were present, gave out flyers, and generally became known. That can't be bad...
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #7

Lunch Lady Jan said...

The memory bears are going down a treat aren't they?! I like the black bear actually, he's a bit different. Sorry you didn't have any luck at the fair, I bet at you'd sell loads at others - there's no rhyme nor reason sometimes...
Hugs, LLJ 13 xxx

Anne said...

Hello Annie. The bears as always are beautiful. Sorry that the Craft Fair was not successful for you. I've been there and done that as they say. I don't think I shall be doing anymore. I put such a lot in the last time and sold such a small amount - it was not advertised properly. Anyway I'm glad that otherwise you are doing well with your business. Anne x #28

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Annie, such a shame about the fair, but as you say, you have to try it. And it may well turn out to be worth the cost with all the advertising you got. Love the bears, you can guess that the black one is my favourite! Also looking forward to the crop, will be lovely to meet you at last. Is Jo coming too? Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #10 XxX

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, lovely bears. Sorry to hear the so called Craft Fair didn't go well but at least you had a nice day out and a rest! Have a great woyww and happy stitchy week, Angela xXx

Plush Possum Studio said...

A craft fair is only as good as its organizers. I'd say you were cheated by the wording of the advert for a "craft fair." However, you may find yourself with some new customers or new friends - or both, so perhaps nothing's been lost to you after all.
I like your stripy bear!
Rose #22

Jan said...

What a great desk. TFS Happy WOYWW xx Jan (31)

ToadilyDiane said...

Your table looked wonderful. I'm sorry it wasn't as successful yet. It may turn out to have a lot of calls and interest later.

Have a great day!
Diane F #30

Bubbles said...

The bear with the 'sailor collar' IS very cute - but the little black one is adorable - such a lovely idea :)
Have a wonderful WOYWW Wednes-yay!
Bubbles #1
http://patchworkapples.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/woyww-421.html

Dorlene Durham said...

Your table looks great. I've had events like that as well but I try to stay positive and look at it as a great day to spend with my daughter (she comes with me to every event). Sometimes that will happen, but you never know what business you may get out of it. Those bears are adorable!! Dorlene #36

April said...

Your bears are adorable. Sorry about your Craft Day experience. That has happened to me before too. Live and learn.
April #3

May said...

Those bears are adorable, sorry about the craft day experience as your table looked beautiful full of wonderful goodies... I read the previous post you had blogged so thank you for the link to Cabin Crafts they sound fantastic... new to sewing so not sure where to buy my goodies... Have a great week ahead... May #11

craftyani said...

Sorry about your craft fair so disappointing when you have put so much work into it, but who knows what may come from the flyers. I love the bears do you photo them before passing on to the recipients. Have a good week, Anickoana#14

Lindart said...

Everything is a learning opportunity! You learned something by that experience that you can apply next time, all good. I had one of those learning experiences myself last week! About the black bear - it is awesome! When I was a teen, I would have wanted a black bear as well! Thanks for sharing, Lindart #35

Twiglet said...

Those little bears are so cute - they will be well loved by all, I am sure. xx

Neet said...

So glad to hear your business is booming.
Love the memory bears - especially the first one, the stripes and the sailor top are just fabulous!
Sorry the table did not turn out to be what you thought but I am sure those who saw it will be inspired to give you some business at some time.
Sorry I am late - a bad week but a Chinese doctor might be helping ...
Hugs, Neet xx
ps craft room reveal this week

Blogger said...

Need To Increase Your ClickBank Commissions And Traffic?

Bannerizer makes it easy for you to promote ClickBank products using banners, simply visit Bannerizer, and grab the banner codes for your selected ClickBank products or use the Universal ClickBank Banner Rotator to promote all of the available ClickBank products.