Wednesday 21 June 2017

WOYWW

Hello all and happy Wednesday to you all.  I'm having a really busy week with sewing this week.  Lots of orders for Memory Bears came flooding in on Monday [ 5 in total!!!] so I worked all day yesterday [usually my day off ].  I have lots of other sewing too and have a table at Belvidere School fair in Shrewsbury on Friday afternoon [It's between 3-5 if anyone feels like popping in to say hello] so wont be here to get any of it done plus am catching up with a friend this morning for a quick coffee [so  more talking and less sewing will be done then too!!].....it's just one of those weeks.....and I'm loving the buzz.

So here's a few snaps to show you my desk this week.....




My desk in full bear making mode.


4 of the 5 Memory bears that I've managed to get finished so far.  They are all for the same customer....2 in memory of her Mum and the other 2 in memory of her Dad.  I do love working with clothes that hold special memories and making treasured bears for my customers.



You might have noticed this little quilted fabric box on the first photo....it's what I do when I'm waiting for customers to come....I'm never idle and thought I might manage a few to take with me on Friday.....just hope they sell.







There you go.  It's rather short and sweet but that's how the boss likes it.  I will do my best to pop to as many desks as I can but I'm sure you will guess I will be rather busy this week so if I miss you out please forgive me.
Hugs,
Annie x


16 comments:

Lynn Holland said...

Good morning Annie
So nice to catch up with you after me being away and I'm sure you'll do well on Friday your creations are always perfect. I'd pop in myself if I wasn't so far away.
I visited Teddy Bears of Witney shop last week and oh my word what a fabulous treat. We were given the history of the shop and told all about where the bears came from. The owners are so enthusiastic it was such a joy to be in there.
I'll see if I can put a Friday smiles together about it
Lynn xxx

Twiglet said...

Oh those little bears - they are certainly keeping you busy! xx Jo

Anne said...

I love the bears you make Annie. They are so precious to their owners. Have a lovely week. Anne x #17

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I'm glad to see no acts of toy destruction on your desk this week, lol!! :-D. The teddies look very happy and ready to go to their new owners, such a lovely idea!
Hugs, LLJ 10 xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, short and sweet is good for me as I'm off to the Lincolnshire show today. So pleased to see you keeping busy. Have a great woyww, Angela X22X

Sarah Brennan said...

I'm sorry that I won't be able to make it on Friday as I'm at work. Shrewsbury isn't all that far away (I'm in Stoke). The quilted fabric box would be perfect to sit on a bedside table for jewellery or small change. Hope all goes well Friday. Sarah #28

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Annie, love the fabric box, awesome idea.Would be great on a dressing table for jewellery. Looking at the picture, before I read what it was, I thought it was a cat/dog bed! Now theres another idea for you. :) Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #9 XxX

Jan said...

Great WOYWW. Thanks for sharing xx Jan 31

ToadilyDiane said...

Love your bears! The quilted box is cute too! I hope they sell well. Good luck!

Have a great day!
Diane F #27

Neet said...

Lovely to see all of those Memory Bears together knowing that they are going to bring back happy memories, maybe a few tears, but memories that will be cherished so much.
Take a little time out for Annie, please - but good luck for the fair.
Hugs, Neet xx 3

lisa said...

Phew, you do sound busy Annie. I'm not surprised you are being mowed out with orders for your bears, they are so lovely.
Glad you've found time to grab a coffee though, it's always good to have a bit of time out.
Have a good week
Hugs Lisax #21

Helen said...

you never stop! love the latest memory bags. Hope all goes well on Friday. Helen #8

May said...

Gorgeous memory bears... what a lovely idea so precious for family members...Love the basket... you sound such a busy bee or should I say wee sewing bee...Good luck on Friday... May#21

Dorlene Durham said...

I love those memory bears! Good luck on your sales this Friday. Dorlene #38

Carmen said...

Oh those bears are just beautiful. I (attempted) to sew a monster once out of the kids old baby clothes. I loved the process and saving the fabric which held a lot of memories... my stitching left a lot to be desired, I blagged that he was meant to be wonky. My eldest liked him though and stole him away. I must go back to trying to conquer my sewing machine!

Am glad you are taking time to chill with your friend in an otherwise bonkers schedule. Have a great week.

Carmen x #32

Lynnecrafts said...

Your memory bears and boxes are lovely! Have a good week, hugs, Lynne #20