Friday 30 June 2017

This week's smiles....week 227

Well folks I hope you've all had a week filled with smiles like me.  Many thanks to all you wonderful people who join in each week by linking up their smiles and helping to make the world a happier place to be.  We don't get so many joining in these days but if we make just one person smile it's all been worth it.

Here's a few of my smiles for this week....
  • My orders for my Memory bears keep coming and each one makes me smile
  • Even though I sold nothing at the craft fayre last Friday I have already had two really lovely new customers call in who had picked up my fliers.  They came wanting a couple of sewing jobs and are handing out my fliers to all they know so the word is spreading.
  • The intense heat has cooled down here making working rather more comfortable and the garden has really benefited from several good showers of rain.
  • Little Milly had her first yearly check up at the vets and had her boosters and kennel cough spray up her nose....and this year she didn't sneeze it back all over me.  Plus the vet said she was a picture of health.
  • Wednesday night Hubby and I went to Theatre Severn in Shrewsbury to see Jasper Carrott's Stand up and Rock and as they say laughter is the best therapy....I've not laughed so much in a long time.  Hubby was treated to the tickets for his birthday....and thankfully he chose to take me with him hehehe.  Jasper Carrott gets even better with age and the music was brilliant.  He was joined on stage by Bev Bevan, Geoff Turton, Phil Tree, Tony Kelsey, Abby Brant and Suzi Woo.
  •  And finally for those that like to see my garden flowers....they keep making me smile.
 That's all from me for today.  Please leave me a little comment so I know you've called in and if you can please share your smiles by linking up below.  Thanks folks.
Hugs,
Annie x

7 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, thanks for the visit. Will call back later as I'm just off to the NEC now. Big hugs, Angela xXx

Lisca said...

Yes, I read in your Wednesday blog that you didn't sell a single thing at the fayre. But it's good exposure, and look, you have two new clients and a host potential ones. That can't be bad.
Your flowers made me smile too. It's good to hear Millie has a clean bill of health.
The Jasper Carrot show sounds good. A different concept with the 'rock', but one that works obviously. I'm glad you had a good laugh.As you say, it's the best therapy.
I suffer(ed) from depressions and once, years ago, my friends managed to coax me to the cinema. The film was called A Fish Called Wanda. I wasn't in the mood to go anywhere, but the film was so funny, I laughed without stopping. It was good therapy indeed!
Have a good week and keep smiling!
Hugs,
Lisca

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Well, Annie those memory bears really are special and as they're all so unique you really don't have time to be bored so that's smileworthy... I'm glad I blogged on a Friday after all as then I could link over to your Smiles, my post was really meant to be for WOYWW but I simply had not time, out every single day for more than a week, very tiring, but a blessing to others and that's what counts.
Lovely images of your flowers , certainly superb and even if you sold nothing on Saturday handing out flyers dues soeead the word and that's grand.
Thanks for sharing your Smiles, you are a blessing!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

HI Annie, I'm back but shattered. We used to love watching Jasper C. on the TV and have never forgotten the Mole story, brilliant. I can hardly believe it's time for Milly's check-up, pleased it went well. Lovely flower pics. today too. That's me done for today. Have a great weekend. Sending big hugs, Angela xXx

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, it's late and I'm ready for bed but I thought I'd just leave a quick comment. You've had a good week even if the craft fayre didn't go so well. Jasper Carrott is one of my favourite comics too - he can be quite pithy. Lovely photos of the plants in your garden. Unfortunately the drenching my roses have had these last few days have spoiled a lot of them and now they need serious deadheading - just as soon as it stops persisting down. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Ellie xx

Twiglet said...

At last, a computer that works. I love old Jasper - thanks for the smile. xx

Geri Meftah Art said...

I created an Etsy shop and that gives me a smile. I wish you a very nice week.