Friday 24 February 2017

This week's smiles....week 209

Hello all. Here we are at our weekly catch up of the smiles we share. My weeks seem to be keeping pretty busy but there are lots of smiles amongst it all. Many thanks to all those who took time out of their busy lives to share their own smiles.....I really do enjoy seeing what makes you all smile so please keep up the good work.

The Memory bears I showed you on Wednesday have been collected and I have to say both customers were very moved by their little bears.....I'm so lucky to be able to make special bears out of very treasured fabrics and it's always special when I see their reactions.

Storm front Doris swept across the country on Thursday and it got pretty scary at times on my journey to the hairdressers. There were branches off trees and rubbish bins and their contents blown across the roads but thankfully I got home safely and Milly and I stayed tucked up in the warm while storm Doris blew over...



This is her fav spot in my sewing room but for some reason she is lying across her bed here....I'm sure she would be more comfy the other way on but she says she is really cosy.


My other smiles this week have been seeing our first daffodils coming into bloom and the snowdrops last blooms opening (and surviving Milly running over them!).

I doubt my snowdrops won't last much longer but they sure have made me smile while they have been here....and hopefully they will have spread more by next year.




That's it from me for today.   Please leave me a little comment so I know you've called in and, if you can, link your own smiles below too.
Hugs,
Annie x

9 comments:

Lisca said...

I'm glad you were OK in the storm. It caused havoc I heard.
The snowdrops are still surviving! A miracle!
Lovely to see Milly all happy and snuggly.
Have a good week,
Keep smiling,
Lisca

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, I'm glad Storm Doris didn't wreak too much havoc. So nice that the snowdrops survived. Milly strikes me as a dog who knows her own mind and she does look comfy even if she is the wrong way round :) Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Ellie xx

Twiglet said...

Spring is on it's way - the birds were singing beautifully today.

mamapez5 said...

Hi Annie. I thought about you yesterday when the storm news was so bad. I am glad you got home from your appointment safely. Milly looks quite comfy just the way she is. All the animals seem to find their own way to sit or curl up, even when it looks so wrong to us. Isn't it nice to see the crocus coming now the snowdrops are going. And the daffodils will all be out for St David's Day. keep warm and safe until the Spring really is sprung! Love Kate x

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Annie. Dentist appointment went well. Yay!
It's fun to see a bit of green coming up. My tulips and irises are breaking ground!
Hugs
Kay

JoZart Designs said...

I forgot it was Friday as I've only just returned from Ilfracombe. DD1 and Co will be moving there but still have Brighton as No1 residence. We stayed in their house in Devon for half term and had perfect weather with 18C and sun. Came home in time to experience Dastardly Doris and here we had many fallen trees and building damage but our house is OK. Glad you are too.
Mille is so sweet and is such a part of your life now. DD1 has their 1st family dog and even though it's still a puppy he is huge,... a deer hound cross retriever. He is so lovely and is training really well.
Great to see all your gorgeous creativity in your recent posts and your memory bears are such treasures.
Jo x.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, sorry I'm so late today just been a bit busy. We went to the gym this morning and there were bits of trees all over the road and a tree has come down at the back of us but thank goodness it did not hit the fence. I think it's all calmed down now and it was nice and sunny this afternoon. Then I was busy trying to get a project finished for The Craft Barn but can't let on yet what that is, still I'm here now and enjoyed seeing Milly enjoying her comfy bed. My two are all tucked up in their beds now so piece and quiet at last. Have a lovely weekend, Angela xxx

Neet said...

I think Milly would be happy to sit any which way as long as she was with you. She is so calm in the picture ( am sure you will know what I mean here) LOL.
Glad you two were nice and snuggly safe when Doris was raging around. Thank goodness she did not damage your garden and you got home safely from the hairdressers.
I love daffodils coming through, they herald spring and have another meaning for me so they are rather special and I love to see the yellow heads smiling brightly at me - especially if the weather is not that good.
Hugs, Neet xx

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Adorable photo of your little Milly. They are so precious. And Doris must have arrived in the states last night. So many areas hit hard by winds and softball sized hail. We were lucky, but had 12 inches of snow earlier. Just starting to melt.