Wednesday 11 January 2017

WOYWW....

Here we are at another Wednesday catch up with our creative friends around the world who expose their crafting spaces to us and share the wonderful creations they have been up to in the last week....if you want to know more and maybe join in the fun [go on....you know you want to  😀] then pop over to The Stamping Ground to find out how....we are all very friendly and don't bite....often!

Monday was one of those days for me. 
  • Whilst making a Dr's bag for the twins I very stupidly decided I could overlock all the seams inside but as I had added pockets there were lots of layers of fabric and I ended up with a fabric jam in my overlocker and knocked the timing out!!!....so said overlocker is now in being repaired....the bill will be £89!....an expensive lesson learnt [til the next time!].  
  • On getting my machine ready to go in for repair I realised my hubby had fitted the flex to it down the back of my work surface for me so I couldn't get it out!....bless him he came home from work and pulled the cupboards out to get it for me.
  • As I couldn't get the flex out I thought maybe one of my other machines might have the same fixings but when I came to look the flex off my embellisher was missing!.....said flex has now been found out in the shed! [don't ask me why? lol]
  • As I no longer use my industrial sewing machine I put it on Ebay last week and it sold ....but the buyer has failed to pay for it so we have had to open up an unpaid case for it with Ebay!....as I said it was one of those days.......but I'm still smiling. 😀
So, what's on my desk today?.....


 I decided that I needed a lift to the spirits so I've done what makes me smile the most....I've tipped out all my yummiest fabrics [most still at the 'stroking only' stage] and have decided to make a cover for my new diary using crazy patchwork.  You can see I have been sorting a few into colour combinations to give me inspiration. Here is the selection I chose to use and a little crazy patchwork in the making....such scrummy colours don't you think?

Thanks for calling by today.  Please leave me a little message so I know you've called by and I will do my best to pay you a return visit soon.
Hugs,
Annie x

19 comments:

glitterandglue said...

Hi Annie. Oh my goodness - what a week you are having - and it's only Wednesday! I do trust the payment for that machine will be all sorted quickly. I don't blame you for getting out lots of for-stroking-only fabrics, and then being brave and cutting into some of them. That cover is going to look great. Gorgeous colour mix. Well done.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #3

Anne said...

Hello Annie. Thank you for popping by and your kind words.
What a week you are having though!! Never rains but what it pours as they say. Hope the payment for the machine is soon sorted. I love the colours you have chosen for your diary ( I first saw it over on FB ) I do envy you your talents - yes I can sew but not like you :-) Take care Anne x # 18

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Annie, definitely one of 'those' days! Smiled at the flex being down the back of the cupboard- Beloved Hubby has a thing for cable tying all cables- I have this rope of tied together cables down the back of my PC desk- it'd be a nightmare trying to get one out! Love the patchwork cover idea. Not knowing where to start has had me doing nothing to it for the last 3 weeks! People make it look so easy! Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #7 xxx

Jan said...

Great WOYWW TFS. Happy New Year xx Jan

Sharon said...

Keep on smiling! It will all work out...or hopefully things will get better! That's one of the problems with dealing with Ebay. I've only had a couple of those and I've been selling for years. Took a break for a while, but am going to start listing again lol.

Beautiful fabrics on your desk. Love the colours!

Happy WOYWW
Sharon K #38

Twiglet said...

Things can only get better!!! Love you lots.xx

Neet said...

From the day you have had I imagined you changing your Friday title to something else. Still, knowing you, you still had a smile at the end of it all. What a day it was ... and all because of the doctors. LOL. But your knight in shining armour came through for you, his princess.
Look forward to seeing the said bags, modelled of course by the doctors themselves if possible.
Also to seeing your diary in all its loveliness when the diary cover is in place - as you say, yummy colours. Bound to make one happy!
Take care my lovely friend
Hugs, Neet 4 xx

Lindart said...

My goodness - you have had a week! Hopefully its all over now, and things will be looking up! Thanks for sharing, Lindart #39

craftyani said...

Bet you wished you had never stepped foot out of bed on Monday. Hope all will be sorted out soon. Lovely coloured fabrics. Maybe the rest of the week will be great. Ani

Tertia said...

That sounds like a real blue Monday! Hopefully all is sorted now. Love those fabrics, I can understand that you are at the stroking only stage :)
Happy WOYWW!
Tertia #10

Helen said...

oh wow, where to start.... it can only get better!! hope the machine comes back and raring to go soon... Helen #2

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Thanks for visiting, I peeped about to catch up..love your SMILE Friday, kids are getting so big. And I'm glad you got thru Monday, when it rains it pours. Your fabric colors are joyous. Here snow, ice, winds and VERY cold, but I'm thankful for electricity and being able to stay home. MOJO helped me get Xmas mostly put away and a few fun crafty things. Stay warm, enjoy each day.

SumBunneh said...

So glad that you didn't let one of those 'days' ruin your sparkle.. I absolutely adore the fabrics.. they are dreamy!

I have a little sewing machine that I bought 13 years ago.. and I've not really ever used it because I have no idea what to do first or how to even start.. I keep saying one day.. but that day has never come yet!

I hope your week gets better x
Erika (#33 not9 lol)

Lynn Holland said...

Look I know I'm not supposed to laugh but I can't help it, sorry. You couldn't have made that lot up Annie.
Sorry i better get off here as I can't stop laughing sorry sorry sorry haha haha haha
Lynn xxxxx 😂😂😂

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Bet you wont do that again. I am trying to visit everyone that's visited me but the connection is awful here so will have to be quick. Have a great week and happy woyww, Angela x 14

Brenda Kay said...

Wow, so many bright colors. Those are my favorite to work with as well, just seems to make the whole day a little bit brighter.

sandra de said...

Loving those fabric colours on your desk. Sorry to hear your day was tiresome hope the rest of the week improves. Gorgeous pics of your little ones crafting up a storm.
sandra de@22

Unknown said...

What gorgeous fabrics! Hope your Ebay dispute works out. Need to get my sewing machine fixed! Crafty hugs Sez x #51

Unknown said...

(Laughing) on 'bad' days when the barn roof leaks and I can't get warm I go to my ( dry storage) stashed fabrics and have a stoking session... Hope your luck changes, and yes if you think it might be too thick - really you already know it is!!! I only do thick stuff on the machine I know I can reset the timing myself for the very same reason.. Had to pay over 100 euros to 'fix' my delicate Pfaff machine - I have certainly learned my lesson! Donna #45