Wednesday 23 November 2016

WOYWW....

We are creeping ever closer to Christmas and my desk has seen lots of action this week....as always I can't share it all but I'm snapping away and may do a show and tell post after Christmas.

For now here's a few bits I can share...


My desk has been full of Wedding dress this week.  I've had to take all the bodice apart to reduce some pleating, take it in and hand stitch on some diamante trim so it's needed several sessions at it to complete the work.....but I will add it's all back together now and looking good.  :-)

The other project I can share with you is a few snaps of my Christmas card making.....




Using Pinterest as my inspiration I bond-a-webbed the back of some bright juicy coloured fabrics and chopped them up into coloured piles.



I then ironed them down into place to look like little Bethlehem scenes and.....




....machine embroidered them to finish them off.

Hope you like them.  








That's all from me for today.  Leave me a little message so I know you've called in and I will do my best to pay you a return visit.  I'm sorry to say I didn't manage to get round all last week as I had a sad week having lost a dear old friend and had to make arrangements for her funeral etc........but I will aim to do better this week.
Hugs,
Annie x

18 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Wow, love those cards - what a great idea, it's so effective (and relatively quick to do, I should think). Long long ago, I actually made my wedding dress with my mum, she was such an amazing seamstress, I bet you're glad that dress is finished, there's always such a lot of pressure that comes with wedding stuff eh?
Hope the funeral goes as well as these things can....
Hugs, LLJ 12 xxx

Laura said...

Those Bethlehem scenes are amazing!
Thank you for your kind words yesterday x

sandra de said...

These are absolutely stunning. They look so bright and cheerful and so clever. Have a lovely week.
san dra de 225

Neet said...

Oh Annie, those bethlehem scenes are gorgeous. I love houses like that anyway but in fabric ... fab!
I hope we get to see the wedding dress at some time, sounds like a lot of work but you must feel good knowing you are part of someone's special day.
Hugs, Neet 5 xx (thanks for visiting me earlier)

Twiglet said...

Glad you finished the dress - it will be fab, as usual! Just going to re think my Christmas card idea now. xx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Annie, so sad to hear you've lost a good friend. Never easy to organise a funeral. Love the Christmas card idea! You are so clever, Annie, they look superb. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #9 xx

Christine said...

Gorgeous cards! Brilliant idea, I never think to use any of my fabric stash on cards. May just have to visit Pinterest now.....
Take care
Christine #26

craftyani said...

Love the cards made with the material into Bethlehem houses. What a great idea. Your have given me an idea as I have some blue material with little white stars on!!! The thing is dare I go rummaging in my material when I already have wool, card, stamps etc out on tables.

Sharon said...

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

The Bethlehem cards are very pretty. Unique.

Have a good week
Sharon K #37

Elizabeth said...

Love your cards, Annie - Bethlehem never looked better! The colours are gorgeous. I've found a great free sewing pattern for Christmas baubles online - I'm planning to use up scraps too. The alterations the dress needed sounds very complicated - I'm not sure I'd be up to tackling that job. Have a good week. Hugs, Ellie x #35

Helen said...

What gorgeous cards, they look amazing!! the wedding dress re-fit sounds a big job, but one we know you are entirely up for! Helen #1

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, I so love those Bethlehem collages, gorgeous. The wedding dress looks interesting, brings back memories of when I made my own though I was a bit nervous all the time in case I marked the fabric but of course I didn't. Thanks for the visit to mine and happy woyww, Angela x 18

Lynn Holland said...

Hello there mean machine I see you are still going full belt.
The cards are lovely, our craft group held a meeting where we created Happy Villages. I based mine on Whitworth. It was quite big and I framed it. Haven't a clue where it is now. I've a funny feeling I've given it away 😔 Xxx

Alexandra MacVean said...

Love your cards. Wow! I love getting inspiration myself from Pinterest, too. And Christmas is just 32 days away!!

Lindart said...

Those Bethlehem cards are AWESOME!!!! What a fantastic idea! Thanks for sharing! Lindart #41

SUSSEXMOUSE said...

I think your Christmas Cards are wonderful. The people who receive them will hopefully frame them and bring them out every Christmas

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oh Annie those Bethlehem scenes are gorgeous...sorry you lost a dear friend, sending hugs dear friend.
Thanks for sharing,
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Sorry for your loss Annie, didn't make rounds this week as I just wasn't up to it. It's hard to fill the gap that some people leave within our heart and soul. Hugs to you.