Friday 22 April 2016

This week's smiles....week 166

Guess I'd best start with this....


 When I got into bed last night I realised I'd not written my post for today so here's my excuse :-)

Because of my lateness this morning I will just say a huge thank you for all of you who joined in last week, add a few pics of my smiles this week and then add Mr Linky so you can all link up.

This is Jacquie who joins me for a sewing workshop every Thursday.  I call her my little ray of sunshine because my week just wouldn't be the same without her.  We chat, we drink coffee/tea, we take it in turns to provide lunch and....oh yes we do sometimes sew :-)
This week she came armed with two large scarves that she wanted converting into infinity scarves so we did a bit of cutting, some careful hemming and hey presto we made two out of each one and here we are modelling them for you.





I did wonder whether this was a better look for me though.  :-)


The other smile I'm sharing with you today is this gorgeous miniature red rose Jo bought us for our 34th Wedding anniversary this week......I know I know I'd have been let out for murder by now with good behaviour :-)

Our special day was spent in the sunshine drinking coffee in Ludlow, having a Sunday lunch in Ledbury and riding up over the Malvern hills....it was a beautiful day spent with the man I love so what more could a girl ask for?

That's all from me for today.  Sorry again for my lateness.  Please link up your smiles below and I will pop over to see what has been making your smile this week.


7 comments:

Twiglet said...

Ha ha - those scarves are perfect in every way!!!!! x Jo

Lynn Holland said...

Oh you had me chuckling with your modelling missus.
Funny you should say about being let out for murder as I said the exact same thing this week to Philip, after 36 years. I wouldn't swap him though. Bet you wouldn't either.
Have a good weekend. I'm off to sort out my clobber for our vintage weekend now.
Lynn xx

Barb said...

Congratulations on 34 years of marriage Annie. It sounds like a perfect day.
You make a super model!

Have a lovely weekend. Barbxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Just had to stop by even though I've been AWOL due to my month of recycling posts. Wanted to wish you a very belated Happy 34th anniversary. Golly, that's just a few years less than my age, so I can't begin to relate to having one person in my life all those years. Even my cats won't last THAT long. Good for you, dear.

Love your modeling job, too. Soon you'll be twirling on the runway!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Annie, pleased to hear you had a lovely time on your special day. It was only when you mentioned how long you had been together that I worked out we will have been married for 37 years in August, who would think it! Love your scarves and the photo at the top is brilliant. It reminds me of one occasion when I was going round the bye-pass to work and the traffic all stopped while we waited for the RSPCA to come and move a swan from the middle of the road that had landed there instead of the river below, quite scary really. Anyhow, have a lovely weekend, Angela x

Lisca said...

Happy anniversary to you. 34 Years is a long time to be together.Your day sounds absolutely perfect. I know (and love) the area you live in and Ludlow is one of my favorite little towns. I used to go to Montford Preston every year (at the field center) to do lacemaking for a week with a group of women.
I loved the photo of the traffic jam and the caption.Fancy saying ?I?m late because there was a giant Minion on the road...? I suppose the excuse would hold as that sort of thing would be on the news if not in the local paper.
You make an excellent model. Great photos and really lovely scarves. I don't know what an infinity scarf is.... is that where you sew the two ends together?
Have a great week,
and thanks for visiting,
Lisca

mamapez5 said...

Hi Annie. I'm glad you enjoyed Ben's bit of fun. It's not his best musically but he sure enjoyed doing it.
I see we both had anniversaries this week. You celebrated a bit more than us, but at least we remembered this year!
Your friend looks lots of fun, and the scarves are great. Have a happy week. Kate x