Wednesday 1 July 2015

WOYWW...

Mine's a bit of a two for one post today......and I blame Sam [Hettie].

You will have seen last week that Sam paid us a visit.....well, she had been given a dumfer for her birthday.  For those that still don't know what dumfing is please feel free to click on the link in my right side bar for an explanation.  Where was I?  Oh yes Sam and her dumfer!  I follow Sam on Pinterest and she had been pinning dumfing ideas so of course I had my creativity stirred and I woke Thursday morning with my head full of ideas and feeling desperate to dumf.

So...
  • Where was my dumfer?....in it's cover having not been used since we moved!
  • Where would I find some linen type fabric to dumf onto?.....oh no!! all my boxes have been moved ready for the building work to start!!!
  • Where are my wool rovings, threads etc to dumf with?.........

 
 
Of course they were in box on the bottom of a very big stack of boxes that are now sitting behind the settee in the living room......why is it that what you want is always at the bottom of the pile?

 
An hour and a half later I managed to find the basics and set myself up on a table in amongst the plaster and brick dust in what will be my new sewing room for a bit of dumfing fun......results will follow some other time.

 
 
And on my usual sewing desk today is a little job for Lexi.  She tore the skirt on her fav dress so Nanny Annie was asked to mend it :-)  That's what Nanny Annie does :-)







So, there you go.....two desks from me today.  Please leave me a little comment so I know you've called by and I will pop over to yours to see what you've been up to.  Thanks for calling by.
Hugs,
Annie x

16 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Wow, you've got a lot of fabric!! I bought my four boxes were bad but I bow to you, O Queen of Stash, lol ;-) am really looking forward to seeing you both next Tuesday :-)
Hugs, LLJ 7 xxxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Bleubeard and Squiggles are fighting over who gets to sleep with me tonight and right now I'm ready for bed. But had to stop by and say hi, and laugh at the dumfing problems. I am purging and trying to get rid of problems similar to yours. Not the dust, but moving boxes to get to other boxes. I've managed to clean one closet and it feels good, but you should see everything I have packed in boxes ready for the thrift store!

You are such a good granny. I know the dress will be loved even more by Lexi once you've fixed it.

I have an early appointment tomorrow, so must get some sleep. Hope you have a great week. Happy WOYWW from #3.

Virginia said...

Ah hunting through supplies when you are in a state of chaos is never ever easy, but well done you for persevering!

Neet said...

So Lexi has a favourite skirt? Funny how, even so young children have likes and dislikes on clothing - I remember our Andy being like that at around three. Gosh that is going back in the memory box.
Love that you are dumfing again. Will be great to see the results. Of course my dumfer is jus the needle and brush but still I enjoy it when I do do it.
How's the weather treating you - sadly (in some ways) it is due to change tomorrow but I am not sure I could take this heat for long anyway.
Hugs to you both
Neet xx 18

Twiglet said...

Happy dumfing! We need a dumfing day don't we! x Jo

jill said...

So many boxes Annie. Thanks for stopping by earlier. Happy woyww Jill #10

Unknown said...

Oh I want one of these machines! But your post made me laugh as i have gone through that; wanting to create something but not being able to find what I need to create. I click on the link to the Dumfing; WHAT A HOOT! Diane #34

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Thanks for the visit. I go thru it every time I go to my storage area. On the bottom...label fell off....always looking for something !!! I cannot keep up one desk much less 2..good luck to you and hope you get your things settled quickly. I hate that plaster dust clean up. Happy WOYWW enjoy the week

Lisca said...

Oh I do so love your header photo! What a beauty!
Well, I'm curious to find out what you dumfed. Please show us will you when you have something done?
What a good nanny Annie you are mending skirts.I've got my sewing machine out and sewing box and a pile of old linen trousers, most of them with enormously wide bottoms from years back. They still fit me but are hopelessly out of fashion. I love wearing linen so I'm going to have a go and make them a bit narrower. I'll be trailing Youtube for some advice. Can you recommend any good sites? Probably not as you don't need them....
Thanks for visiting and commenting,
Have a great week,
Lisca#29

Barb said...

You showed great dedication finding your supplies. Have a good week. Barb xx #36

Helen said...

But of course it was in the bottom box, same as if you look for something, if you start one end, it's the last thing you come to... hope to see your dumfing results soon, and you are surviving the heat! Helen 8

Anne said...

Gosh Annie that's a lot of stuff!!!!! Mind you I can't really say anything :-) Glad you got to dumf!!! Thanks for the visit. Anne x #31

Hettie said...

Always the same....I get blamed for things at home, in work and now in your home!! LOL!!
Of course it is going to be in the last box...always is. If you started at the last box and worked your way through to the first, it would be in the first box!! Sod's law.
Like Jo said...we need a dumfing day. 31st October? Skype?
Hugs
xx

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Annie - yep that's the usual thing, in the last box you open, just like the last drawer in my craft room when I'm searching for that something I know I have and need to. "nanny Annie" that's so cute and special. Thanks for visiting my WOYWW desk, enjoy your 'dumfing' RobynO#28

Lynn Holland said...

That gave me a good chuckle, I thought I'd found a mirror image of my room with all those plastic boxes. Mine are in the garage, under beds and in cupboards as well
Lynn xx

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, so glad you managed to find your dumfer and materials to dumf with - brilliant word 'dumf' - even if it was in all the brick dust! Lexi's little dress looks so pretty it just has to be saved by Nanny Annie :) Hugs, Elizabeth x #43