Friday 14 March 2014

This week's smiles....week 60

Hello all...are you still smiling?  My motto is 'why not smile?'  Even when all around you looks pretty bleak a smile will still make you feel better so give it a go.....and you know smiles are contagious so not only will you feel better but it will improve someone else's day too.  :-)

Thanks to all of you who joined in the fun last week....I really enjoyed so many giggles and smiles by sharing your posts.
Thanks girls for sharing them all with us....I'd really like to feature all that joined in but those were my favourites for this week.

I've had a week of poorly family members this week.  Shell has had tonsillitis and was really rough so I've had the twins to give her a chance to rest and recover as the Dr decided it was a virus and wouldn't give her antibiotics.  Pool little Lexi is rough with as she calls it a 'snotty nose nanny!' and now has swollen glands and a cough so is also feeling pretty miserable.

Even through all this we have still had lots to smile about...


I keep a look out in our local charity shops for new jigsaws and this week I managed to pick up a 100 piece one for aged 6+ with nursery rhymes characters all over it.  Needless to say the twins can already do it and can also recite most of the nursery rhymes on it  :-)

They really love their jigsaws and it's so special to see them working together to complete them.  The conversations are just priceless between them while they are doing them too.

So many happy moments shared.  :-)



The other pic I'm sharing is one of my gorgeous tulips.  I just love spring flowers don't you? 
 I now have daffodils and tulips in a vase too given to me by my little munchkins and their mummy for helping out this week....more to smile about eh?


Thanks for dropping in this week to share my happy post.  Please snap something that has made you smile this week and share yours by linking below.

Hugs,
Annie x

17 comments:

sandra de said...

Just popping in to say hello and then I smile. The grandkids are gorgeous and the flowers are beautiful.
Have a lovely week.
Sandra

Gill Edwards said...

Hi Annie, Love those tulips such a rich red colour. My son loved jigsaws at that age. Sorry to hear you have poorly patients this week, i hope they are all good as new soon.
Gill xx

Anne said...

Hi Annie the twins and the tulips are beautiful.I am fighting a cough and cold. :-( So pleased I managed to join in. Anne x

Julia Dunnit said...

Aw poor Lexie, and Poor Mummy too - hope she's feeling beter by now. Nothing better than a chat over a puzzle!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, you have a lot of sickness following you around this week. Glad the munchkins are so dextrous and shape savvy they can put the puzzle together in no time flat.

You have some BEAUTIFUL tulips. I just hope you can take a few of the bulbs with you when you move.

Thanks for the wonderful shout-out for last week's post. I'm tickled you liked it. BTW, I forgot that you haven't changed over to daylight savings time yet, so I got wrapped up in some other minutia. When I looked up at the clock, I was surprised how late it was. Thanks for dropping by already, dear. Have a super smiling weekend. Let's hope we hear some good news next week on the move!

Twiglet said...

Hope they are all feeling a bit better by now. Have a great weekend x Jo

Twiglet said...

PS Hettie's link just took me back to you

mamapez5 said...

Beautiful tulips Annie. The puzzle was a good find. At that age my boys would do a favourite puzzle over and over again. I love the way the twins do everything together. They are such good friends. I do hope Lexi is better soon, and doesn't share her germs along with everything else,
Thanks for the shout at the top of your post. Life is good out here, though it does, of course, have a few downs as well, but I do try to concentrate on the positives. If you came out here to live, you'd have to bring the whole family. I am sure you wouldn't like to be separated from all your lovely munchkins! I had to wait until I'd done my years of minding, and they were all grown up before we moved. Kate x

Judys Lace Creations said...

It's been nice to see the nice things people have shared regarding what's made them smile this week.Thought I'd join in if that's ok.

Laura said...

Gorgeous tulips :)
Hope your girls are both feeling better soon.
Laura

Elizabeth said...

Hi Annie, was happy to join in this week - as you say, it's good to smile and takes a lot less muscle than frowning :) Sorry to read Lexi is also suffering this week - I hope she gets over her snotty nose soon. Super photo of the two of them making up a jigsaw and I love your tulips. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

Neet said...

Love the flowers - and the twins photo. My they are clever doing jigsaws like that!
Hugs, Neet xx

KC'sCourt! said...

The children look lovely concentrating on their jig-saw. Pretty tulips
Julie xxx

Hettie said...

Oh those tulips are gorgeous. But not as quite as gorgeous as the twinnies and a jigsaw!
Where do I get my funnies? I work in an office so sometimes get them emailed to me, also by a process server (they tend to be the rudie ones!)
Hugs and sorry about the incorrect link up! Doh!
xx

Caro said...

I'm impressed with the twins! Alex really does not get jigsaws at all...he just doesn't have the patience or concentration for them (ADHD kicks in whenever we try). Love the flowers. Caro xx

Judys Lace Creations said...

Annie, thanks for your sweet story about your daughter's doll.I am trying to publicize your Friday Smiles..such a lovely idea.
Judy xx

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Oh so fun, loving the puzzle fun and surely a beautiful sight with the tulips, can hardly wait. I'll be with my 3 Sun/Thurs while their mother travels and the puzzle is something I will pack ! Thanks.