Monday 11 July 2011

Wahoo a new award for me.....

Sam or Hettie from Hettiecraft has awarded me the versatile blogger award.  Thanks Sam.

Well, I have been called all sorts but rarely versatile.  Apparently it means...

"...capable of or adapted to many different uses, skills etc, liable to change..".


I have a coaster in front of me that Twiglet gave me many years ago with the meaning of my name on it.  Apparently Ann means

From the Hebrew meaning 'graceful'. [I'm certainly not that!!]
She is industrious and practical and can turn her hand to anything. [guess that means versatile.]
A lady of many talents. [I have to say I do wear many hats in a day.]

Now the Rules of accepting this award.
  • In accepting my award I must place a link back to the person who awarded it - done
  • Share 7 random things about myself (OMG!) - next job
  • Award 7 recently discovered bloggers and contact them to let them know - might just wimp out of that one.
It is becoming difficult to tell you more random things about me that you don't already know but I will have a go.
Here goes. 
  1. I have met Prince Charles...he was a lot shorter than I imagined.
  2. I was once commissioned to design and make sets of 6 puppets to be used in puppet theatres for a company in London. [You can buy my puppets here over in our blog shop]
  3. I used to be able to touch the back of my head with both feet at the same time and even when 8 1/2 months pregnant with my youngest daughter I could still bite my toes nails! [not any more, alas].
  4. I used to be trusting enough to stand spread eagle against a wooden shed and let my brother throw darts in the spaces around me!! [yes mad I know!!]
  5. I have used the same single felt pattern to make the heads of literally 1000s [2500 at least!] of tiny felt bears.  I have made 800 of them into Shrewsbury bears and sold them to the tourist info office so I know these ones are all over the world.  I love the though of the smiles I have spread all over the world.
  6. I taught all my 3 children to cross stitch [and even went into their school and taught the children there] and we were featured, as a family, in a magazine when our eldest daughter was commissioned to do two cross stitch pictures to commemorate a church bell ringing link up between a local church and a church in Sarasota, America.  We even went over to Sarasota and were hosted as a family by the church people as a thank you.
  7. I now live in the same house that my family have lived in for over 60 years although it has changed much in that time and when I was born there was 8 of us living in a third of the house that the two of us now live in.  Back then we had no bathroom and no running water and my cot sat at the foot of Twiglet's bed in the same room as Mum and Dad's double bed!!  Happy memories.
Thanks again Sam for making me use the old grey matter this time on a Monday morning.  I would like to pass this award on the the very many versatile bloggers that read my blog [you know who you are].....all the clever people that juggle busy lives, their families and all the challenges life throws them and still find time to craft and create wonderful things.

    5 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Congratulations on your new award. Lucky you to be able to live in the same house for so long. A very stable background makes fro a stable life I always say!!
    Thanks for you wishes.
    x Tricia

    Di said...

    A well deserved award Annie - I keep saying that you and Twiglet are multi-talented! How lucky to have lived in your family home for so long. Stable life though, where do you keep the horses then? :) Di xx

    Julia Dunnit said...

    Congrats - great fun reading your random 7. Did you tell His Royal Highness that he wasn't tall enough?!!

    Twiglet said...

    I could list a few more things about your versatility but that might be going a step too far!!

    Hettie said...

    Oooo! We both have Royal connections then!! I too live in the home where my hubby was born and brought up. It has been in family possession for 49 years - so not quite as long as yours!!