Sunday 16 May 2010

Proud Mummy moments.....

Hi all. I just wanted to share a proud Mummy moment with you all. Our eldest daughter and our son have completed their first sponsored run today. They did the Manchester 10K run and completed it in 1 hour 4 minutes. They have done it to raise money for Cancer Research in memory of their cousin and one of their good friends who both died of cancer in their 20s. It was a very moving day to see so many people running to raise money for such good causes.



This photo was taken as they were getting ready on this very cold windy day........



........ and here they are smiling and showing their medals at the end of the race.....both looking as though they have only been on a Sunday stroll in the park! I'm so proud of their efforts.

If you would like to help raise the funds you can donate via this link....
www.runningsponsorme.org/markpowis

Many thanks to any who are willing to support them in raising money for Cancer research.
Their next run is already booked for September....Lake Vyrnwy half marathon!

13 comments:

Twiglet said...

Brill - I will bring our sponsor money down on funday Monday!!! Well done you two - I am really proud of you both and I hope you raise loads of money for Cancer Research.

mckinkle said...

Oh wow didnt they do well!

What beautiful children you have, no wonder you are so proud of them, its great that they wanted to do something in an attempt to rid us of this awful disease.

I doff my cap to them for doing 10k as I hobbled (a wobbly walk with stick!) a 5k one 3 yrs ago and my little medal swings on my desk with pride!

Well done!!

Keryn x

PinksyDoodles said...

You have every right to be proud of your wonderful children. Well done to them for giving their time and energy for such a good cause.
Clare x

Unknown said...

Well done Mark and Michelle - Annie is quite right to be proud of you both...

Unfortunately my fund raising efforts for this brilliant cause is a DD I set up a few years ago - although I don't break into a sweat doing it - I do admire your strength and determination to do what you did...

In awe -

Paula x x x

peggy gatto said...

congratulations!!!

Handmade with Love said...

Aah what lovely children you have and what a worthwhile cause too! Well done to both of them, I don't blame you for being proud of them! Tracey x

Gez Butterworth said...

Woohoo... didn't they do well.xx Many congraulations to them both & their proud mum.. :D
We had a friend running today as well!

Felted House said...

well done to both of them, although I'm sorry they have lost people dear to them so young. My friend did the Moonwalk last night but I haven't heard how she got on yet, I think she's still sleeping! xx

Unknown said...

Flippin Heck well done to them both. 1hr 4 min Well they really did take it in their stride they don't even look the least bit tired. I love proud mummy moments (PMM)

Love Dawn xx

her at home said...

Very well done indeed!

jude said...

well done you have every reason to be proud hun.Thanks for popping by and your comments.My eye isnt as painful this morning but still blurry.Just wish theyd find out what causing it.but it's true you appreciate what you have more.
Have alovely day
love n hugs judex

Cardarian said...

You can definitly be proud of your kids! What a great achievement and for a great cause! Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog! Yes I have learned my lesson now and will be a good girl! :-)
Cardarian

Kirsty.A said...

Thanks for your kind message on my blog. Well dne to both your children