Wednesday 26 May 2010

Eye update :-(

I have been to see the optician this morning because my eye was so very sore and my vision was really blurred. He has put dye in it and checked it out well with a slit lamp. He says the front of my cornea is scratched and may be ulcerated and he has referred me to the acute referral clinic at the A & E at our local hospital. My eye is light sensitive, really sore and very watery now so I'm feeling really sorry for myself. Please keep everything crossed for me cos I am such a baby when it comes to someone looking at and doing anything with my eyes. My appointment is at 3 o'clock and I really hope they can wave a magic wand because I now can't see to sew :-(



6 comments:

PinksyDoodles said...

My fingers' are crossed for you.
Big hugs, Clare x

BumbleVee said...

Maybe you got a bit of fiber in it... and it did scratch the cornea......... but, It sure sounds like when I had a horrible pink eye situation quite a few years ago... couldn't keep it open..it felt gritty and was watering.... all the same things. It took a good week to rectify with some drops...I hope that is all it is for you too!!

Try to rest it a bit...

Karen said...

Oh no!!!! Everything crossed for you and a BIG HUG XXX

Kay said...

Oh hun, lots of good thoughts coming your way xx

Unknown said...

pooooorrrr Annie, she doesn't deserve to be feeling like this.... she has sent me a text to say she is back from the hospital - she has a large scratch on her cornea of her right eye - and had a flap of hanging skin on the eye and a cust on her lover lid, which the nurse removed with local anaesthetic... She said she was so brave (she doesn't like anything to do with her eyes being messed with...) she's got some ointment she has to put in 4 times er day, and also has to have gel tears in for several months :o( this is not good as Annie works, as we all know at close proximity to her work as a seamstress - i'm sure she would appreciate a bit of love right now...

Hope that it heals sooner than that...

Paula x x x

Ann said...

I'm so sorry you've had a hard day Annie. I don't like doctors messing with my eyes either (actually, I don't like them messing with anything!) and I'm sure you were far braver than I would have been!
It sounds like you may need to take it easy for a little while to let things heal. I'll be thinking of you, along with all your blogland pals.