Wednesday 10 March 2010

WOYWW and a catch up...

I have been away from my computer since Sunday morning so am well overdue with catching up with my blogging friends. It will take me a while but I will get there I promise.

Sunday we left home for our latest adventure....a few days in London. We were to catch a bus for the first part of our journey. It was organised by the Wrexham/London rail because there was work going on on the tracks. We were lucky to have checked on line before leaving because the replacement bus was leaving an hour before our train was meant to and no one had let us know. We caught the bus but it failed to reach our intended train station before the train left so 2 extra trains and an extra £81 later we arrived in London just in time for the Comedy Store show. It really doesn't encourage you to use trains does it?

The Comedy store was brilliant, as always. The show is ad lib comedy performed by 6 comedians...Paul Merton, Josie Lawrence, Neil Mullarkey, Andy Smart, Neil Simpson and Richard Vranch. They are so clever and all make a wonderful team. If you get the chance then make sure you get yourself tickets. We laughed til we cried and by the time we left our faces and sides ached....a wonderful tonic :-)

Monday was spent with some retail therapy in the morning...new Ecco shoes for us both :-) We popped back to the hotel to wash and change and then on to watch Legally Blonde at the theatre in the evening. What a brilliant show that was. The music/voices were really powerful. A really enjoyable evening for us both.

We came home yesterday afternoon batteries recharged if but rather exhausted.


This morning I had to get myself back into the working mode 'cos I had a rail full waiting for me plus curtains to do so I've had Twiglet here to do the grovelling on the floor to do the pinning up for me....hence a rather late WOYWW for me.
This was how my rail looked first thing and I have since emptied and filled it again. :-)







My table has no clever stuff going on as yet but I now have 4 new blank canvasses on to do my dumfing pictures on so if any of you have ideas as to what to do next please leave them in the comments for me. I'm always open to ideas.







I now have a wonderful display area on one of my walls for my pictures and there is plenety of room for my new pictures.




It might take me a day or so to catch up with you all but I promise I will catch up with all my fellow WOYWWers...if not today then tomorrow.....or the day after :-)

27 comments:

Twiglet said...

Those pics look good on your rails - clever hubby! Get prices on so that all those customers coming and going know how much they need to save up so they can treat themselves!!

Hello, I'm Vicki said...

can you do animals in dumfing??? i would love to see some animals!!! can't wait to see what you do with those canvases.

Shelly said...

Busy, Busy, Busy...but sounds like a fun and enjoyable trip. Love your new header pic...still amazed by your techniques...have a great week...Shelly

SueH said...

Sounds like you’ve had a hectic few days but I’m glad you had a great time down here in London.
It’s shameful really but I’m only 35 mins from central London and very rarely go into town and I hate travelling on the underground, it’s so dingy and dirty.

Your picture all look great hung together on the wall, really colourful.

Sue
x

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Apart from the actual journey, what a fab weekend you had. Great people at the Comedy Store :)
How about something with trees for one of you pics.
Anne xx

Kaz said...

Wow I love the way you've displayed your pictures and they look amazing.
Glad you had fun after the journey. xx

Unknown said...

Never been to the comedy store ... have just added it to my to do list though ... sounds fab! How cool are those rails missy ... I like ... I like very much :0)

Unknown said...

Hi Wipso
You know what they say " better late than never " sounds like you had a great time, love the pics on the wall, I agree with Anne trees would be good in full blossom like a cherry or willow. cant wait to see the makes.
Christine x

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh fab weekend. If a tad more expensive than planned - wowsers. Your disappearing/reappearing rail trick is as evident as ever. Dumfing - stained glass type abstracts?

Diane.W. said...

Glad you had a good time in London.Your pictures look gorgeous :o)x

PinksyDoodles said...

It sounds like you have a great time in London (once you got there!).
Your artwork is stunning and looks fab in it's new display area.
Clare x

Angela Toucan said...

great display wall, wonderful pictures

Pam said...

The pictures look fab hon. Hugs Pam x

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful display of your beautiful artwork!

Helen said...

like the displayed pics, glad you enjoyed London despite the travel chaos.

You're right about the Ikea boxes, they're great (just need a few more, you may have spotted that...!)

Lynne said...

Sounds as though you had a great time. Shame about the added cost though.
Those dumfed pictures look great. I think I'd like to have a go at it sometime, (as if I haven't got enough on the go).

Kay said...

Your dumfied pics look amazing... can't wait to see what you do on the new canvases!

Spyder said...

The pictures look great, brilliant idea
(lyn)

Handmade with Love said...

Wow what a fantastic weekend you have had the comedy store sounds brilliant! Your display wall looks absolutely beautiful! have a good week. Tracey x

Nicks said...

wow you did have a wonderful weekend x

Unknown said...

sounds like you need a holiday to get over your busy weekend - and to come back to curtains - your least favourite :O(

Catch up soon when you've caught your breath - glad you got back in one piece anyway

Hugs

Paula x x x

Angie said...

What beautiful work you have been doing.
Re you train problems ...I'd complain ...you might get something back. I complained about a terrible journey that took 12 hours instead of 6 once...I got my fare back in train vouchers ...which was better than nothing.

Gez Butterworth said...

Lovely to hear you had a grand adventure. Sorry to hear you had a rotten journey down there. ((hugs)) Your pictures are wonderful.

Mummy & baby hedgehogs would look delightful if possible. :) Oooh foxgloves! erm... can't think of the name for those big purple ball flowers! with an odd petal floating off on a breeze..that's going to annoy me now until I remember their names! hehe... Have a lovely Thursday.xx

Nikki said...

Your artwork wall is beautiful

Kerry said...

Beautiful artwork. I do have a ??? though, what is dumfing??
Glad to hear you had a good trip away :)

Tracey said...

Your pics a gorgeous, glad I'm not the only one.....what's dumfing! Sounds like you had a fab trip too.
x

Linby said...

I did have a lovely time with Paula - it was like we had known each other for ages. Love those new canvasas you have - I would like a lavender one also some lovely big white daisies.
Linbyx