Wednesday 30 December 2009

WOYWW...well, I think it's Wednesday.







It's been a week of Saturdays but as far as I am aware it is Wednesday today. Technically I am open for business today and tomorrow but as you can see from the photo we had snow last night and although, as you can see in the photo, our 3 little dogs love it I have a feeling I won't get many needing sewing doing. That means I am here in my sewing room and just might be forced to 'play'. Hmmm yes I know, it isn't Monday but if I don't have work to do then..... you get the picture.




I have nothing on my work desk as yet but I might get out my embellishing. I have lots of beautiful new threads and wool rovings to play with that Santa brought me [with the help of my wonderful family] so I have no excuse.
The first thing I have to do is search for something I have lost....my mojo. If I find it I just might make some progress. If not then I might just sit and look at my new materials :-)

Update....
I've just got out lots of my crafting pressies and thought I'd share them with you. Back left are two frames to put embellished piccies in with a space behind the glass so the details don't get squashed [from Tesco's]. Middle back is a gorgeous collection of mixed threads mostly yellow/peach but also some greens [from RKM wools]. Far right is a ring bound book with plain pages that I intend using as a journal of my crafting next year [yes, it's a sort of New Year's resolution so we will see how it goes]. Left of that book is my beautifully embellished book Twiglet gave me and in front of that is a pack of inspiration also from her to make my own little book. In the 2 bags in the front are wool rovings my youngest daughter bought me. She searched the web for these and bought them from Sara's ebay shop [even though she was unaware that Sara is a fellow blogger. :-) small world eh?
I have a family that know me well and know what a thrill I will get out of using all my lovely gifts. It's all very inspiring but as yet not found the mojo :-)

6 comments:

Twiglet said...

Glad you are feeling better but hope lost mojo soon returns! You have more snow than us - we have none below the "snow line" up on the hills. Enjoy a peaceful and embellished day.

Julia Dunnit said...

I suspect your Mojo is hiding in one of those bags of loveliness! I hope the snow stays beautiful rather than becoming a nuisance..will look forward to hearing if your workdesk stays as tidy!!

Jackie said...

Not at all boring!
But I have lost MY mojo for anything other than little brooches and I had such plans,Its a funny time this week of saturdays.

mountainear said...

Who's a lucky girl then? I'm sure you will only have to open one of those presents to tempt that mojo into reappearing. Look forward to seeeing what you make.

We're snowed in - wonder for how long...

SueH said...

Oooo, those all look fun to play with.
I especially the mauve inspiration kit……just my colours!
Your mojo's definitly back because the little book that you’ve made with it is simply beautiful.

No snow here for the last few days I’m pleased to say but it’s been black all day and chucking it down with rain. It’s still cold though.

Sue

Libby Buttons said...

Hope your MoJo continues throughout 2010!
Happy New Year! Wishing you and abundance of blessings in 2010!
LiBBy BuTTons