Thursday 3 December 2009

Time for Christmas cards.....

You will have noticed I had a huge workload for yesterday so I ploughed through my sewing and cleared the rail so that this morning I've had time to do some finishing touches to some Christmas cards. Thought I'd show and tell but the photos aren't brilliant.I'm feeling better now I've got at least some completed :-)




These are Christmas trees printed onto fabric using transfer paper then embellished and machine embroidered.










These are felted poinsettias using my embellisher and a little dylon glitter paint in the centres.













These are Christmas trees made on my embellisher using diagonal threads on a long piece of dark green felt and then cut into triangles and machine stitched and embellished.










These little felt Christmas trees have been embroidered using my sewing machine.












These were made from embellishing ribbons, fabrics and threads onto felt and then machine embroidering them onto gold card before mounting on cards.

7 comments:

Twiglet said...

They look fab! Shall I choose mine now before you write them all!!

Pondside said...

You put me to shame - I probably spent as much time picking out my store-bought cards as you did crafting those treasures!

Susan said...

Wow - you have been busy!
Love them all, esp the first one!
SuzyX

Julia Dunnit said...

Wow! Hope all the recipients realise the skill and time you've invested. They are all lovely.

Ann said...

Wow and wow again! The cards are gorgeous. I cannot choose favourites as they are all so lovely.

Felted House said...

You have been busy - these are all so lovely and unusual - I really like the pastel ones - really delicate and a bit of a change from the deeper colours we often see at Christmas. How you find all this time is still a bit of a mystery to me..... xx

ParisMaddy said...

What beautiful cards you've made. I love them all but the first ones are my favourite with their soft colours.