Tuesday 29 December 2009

I feel like an emerging butterfly....

I'm only just catching up with blogland having been suffering with a stinker of a cold since last Tuesday....yes, that's pretty much all of my Christmas break. I'm just glad I didn't have to sew but it would have been nice to have really enjoyed some of my break. Oh well, I hear you saying "get over it girl" so I will. It's just left me with catarrh and an annoying cough so I shall be buying shares in Tena lady next week :-)
We did manage a really fab Christmas dinner at our eldest daughter's home....cooked mostly by her partner. She is one really lucky girl....he's a gem. The rest of the week has been spent chilling out and getting lots of R & R whilst enjoying my Christmas gifts. I was truly spoiled and I can honestly say I love everything I was given.....from books and games to wool rovings and gorgeous mixed thread packs. I just need my crafting mojo to return now so I can put a lot of it to good use.
Well, I'm off now to feed my neighbour's cats and pop to the post box. The fresh air will do me good I'm sure :-)

3 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh shame..same as my beloved..the minte he stops working, it all catches up. Glad that you've been able to take it easy though, Christmas sounds delightful. Enjoy your pressies.

Linda D said...

Sounds like nature was forcing you to have a rest from your very busy life. At least it didn't stop you from enjoying everything. Hope you're 100% very soon.

Sara Millis said...

Oh how awful... it's always the moment you sit down and relax isn't it! I do hope it clears up soon.

I'm glad you had a lovely Christmas aside from that... maybe celebrating New Year might make up for it?
Sxx