Tuesday 8 December 2009

Christmas mousie...

As you may have seen big sister Twiglet has been mouse making and you can find hers here. Over the years she has made 100s of them. Whilst teaching she used to give them to the children in her class as Christmas gifts and often sat at the end of her busy school day making them. As you can see from her blog she has just made her daughter 3 beautiful colour co-ordinated pink mice. I left her a comment because unknown to her my tree has never had one of her little mice on it and it felt sad....I left her sad faces on her blog and on several text messages knowing full well when she arrived for our Fun Day Monday she would have made me one and of course she didn't let me down [she never does!!! :-)].






I am now the proud owner of my own little Christmas mousie and just have to show and tell. Isn't she just beautiful?







Of course it doesn't end there..... I asked for instruction to make some of my own and I made that my task for our fun day. I had to have a busy morning clearing the sewing I had on my rail and she did, what she says she likes doing........ all my ironing!! I will be forever in her debt.
Once the urgent work was cleared we pulled our craft table out and put it ready for our afternoon. Out came threads, wools, felts, fabrics, beads.......what fun eh?
Twiglet came with her Christmas mousie box full of mouse bits, some ready cut, some to cut and all in beautiful Christmas colours. Following her instruction I put together all the bits I wanted to use to make my own little mousie. We stitched and stuffed, chatted and laughed, oh and yes we drank coffee and tea and ate really yummy little filo pastry fancies.



This is my result. One beautiful little Christmas mousie. I was so proud of my afternoon's efforts and immediately planned what I would do with her....

.....put her on a garland maybe? But of course she would be lonely and would need some friends....








........So while sitting watching telly in the evening I made 5 more!! No stopping me once I get started :-)


Only problem is I now have to shorten trousers, shorten a lined coat, shorten a skirt, reline a gents jacket......the list goes on and on and on and on......and no fun time for me today it seems. Watch this space :-)

7 comments:

Ali M said...

aww,she is soooo cute!!
im going to send you an email..,if I can work out how ,as I have a proposition for you..!!
Ali

Twiglet said...

What little characters they look too! Love to see what you do with them all!

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh I can't wait!! They're gorgeous..am just off to look at twiglets triplets too...you two are too clever.
Enough t's!!!

Paige said...

the post man came today :) I was out so Diggorya nd I took a walk up to the parcel office and collected my two new little crafting table buddies. I love them!!! you are so clever!!! Ralph is very happy with his new girlfriend (as am I).

mountainear said...

What sweet little mice - far nicer than the b*ggers that are running around in our roof. Do you think I could persudae them to wear little frocks and pinnies?

corry said...

Super cute!!

Linda D said...

I'm sure it would take me weeks to make just one - and you made all those while watching TV?! Talent indeed!