Friday 11 December 2009

Celebrations to end my week...

I have just done my books up for the end of yet another really busy week and I have hit another milestone.......900 customers :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) and, yes, I am grinning from ear to ear.
From what started very cautiously as sewing for just a few customers I am very proud to say I'm now buzzing with a very successful little business. I get usually 2-3 new customers every week and often even more and never have to advertise now as they all come through word of mouth. It's often hard work and very challenging but it's brilliant.

On top of that this week I have managed to fill a box full of goodies for a new friend to take to a local craft fair. She found my blog from a link on another blog and realised she walks past my gate often but wouldn't have recognised me if she met me in the street. I invited her to call in to say "Hi" and from that chance meeting she offered to include some of my crafts on her table at a local craft fair. What a small world it is :-)
It was a bit of a challenge for me cos I didn't know about it til this Wednesday but I managed to fill my box with :-
7 Machine Embroidered Flower pictures
24 little Christmas teddies
17 Christmas mice
12 Felted bears
and 1 Felted Fairy bear ........and a partridge in a pear tree :-)
Needless to say some of which I had in stock but it's certainly been a few late nights for me this week trying to get it all together and priced up ready.

As I say in my flier ....I love a challenge :-)

8 comments:

Susan said...

Oh wow - congratulations! So glad its going great :-)
Huugs
SuzyX

Twiglet said...

Wahoo!!! Well done Wipso - I am so proud of you. I know its been an uphill climb and that's not easy for someone with wonky knees! I think you deserve a little celebration - get your thinking cap on girl- what do you fancy doing?

Felted House said...

It's great to hear how well things are going - congratulations on such a successful time and long may it continue! x

Kathy said...

Huge congratulations - you've done so well, no wonder you're so cuffed. Your poor fingers must have been worked to the bone this week though!

Julia Dunnit said...

MAJOR achievement Wipso, how fab that you can truly look back and say that your idea was sound and the customer base is swelling. Mucho impressive. Go you..points for drive enthusiasm and energy.

Ali M said...

Aww,thannks for mentioning me in your blog,especially refering to me as a a friend!!Im touched!I shall email you with sales info,not as good as Id hoped but I was in a different room this time..and theres still tuesday ,I think some of those little ,tiny bears will be snapped up!But we did good on the raffle and have a prize so I shall tell you of that too!
Well done on the 900..!super news..Enjoy your weekend..
Alixx

Blue bird said...

Hi Wipso! Congratulation for your most productive Week!
Have news for you and every followers:
The present blog is changed so that the title and the address is the same! This is the easy way to find a blog.
http;//wwwnaturebeauties.blogspot.com
I don't know yet how to link to the previous blog, but I'll post in the new blog and let everybody know about the change. Enjoy the Holiday Season.

corry said...

Congratulations, well done! And wow, i'm in awe reading your list..you're a very productive lady!!