Wednesday 25 November 2009

WOYWW....yes it's that day again :-)

What a difference a week makes. I can't explain why but, I do know that, when I need rest my door bell stays quiet, the customers don't come and my workload lessons. Feeling as rough as I was last week I was really grateful for the rest. Now, thankfully, I'm feeling rather better and think someone has told the world because most of them arrived at my door yesterday :-) My customer count is now up to 894!











Today I have to make 7 white tablecloths and 12 pale green ones for a newly built conservatory/restaurant at one of our local pubs, plus shorten 3 pair of trousers and re-elastic the bottom of a jacket. It will be a busy day hence my early blogging so will do my catching up on my blogging friends at break times during my day [yes, I do allow myself coffee breaks :-) ]













It's certainly a varied week as I have also made a blue Charleston dress for a ballroom dancer........






......... and a top out of a mini skirt for wonderwoman!

Never a dull moment at Sewing by Annie's :-)

13 comments:

Carmen said...

Wonder Woman! Fantastic! I actually have a question for you. I want to learn the sewing machine and keep saying I am going to take my Mums old one to a shop to be tested to see if it works - she'd had it in her wardrobe for years, last time I remember her making something was when I was about 11, an indian costume for a school play - and I've had it under MY stairs nearly 3 years but OH says I might be better just getting a new one in the New Year but I wouldn't know what I was looking at or where to even begin. What would you recommend to a complete beginner that doesn't even know how to threadle a machine?

Kaz said...

OOOooo are you making dresses for Strictly?

Well done on your amazing customer numbers. I can spy 3 sewing machines and drawers that look like they have every colour thread in them. I'd love to rummage through those!

xxx

Annie said...

Hi Kaz...My motto is "if I dont have the colour thread then it probably doesn't exsist" :-) A x

Felted House said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better, and glad too that you're doing so well with so many customers, even though it means more work! x

Paige said...

Great to hear you are feeling better :) and what a busy week you are having! and so varied!!! from Tablecloths to Wonderwomen ;) The puppiesa re all doing really well and they have their families coming over this weekend to visit them :)

Sam said...

I like that Wonder Woman top - I loved WW when I was a kid!!

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

wow! cool workspace.. it reminds me muy sewing machine should come out more often! Have had material for approx a year to make into curtains! mmmm
Thanks for showing

Nikki said...

Oh I'm soo jealous of all your sewing machines I really need to get a new one I only have a simple boring one with the fancy straight and Zigzag stitch lol. Your space seems wonderful to be in and your felt creations are just ADORABLE
that little blue bear with the flower his eyes just say Hug me

hugs Nikki

Friko said...

I know where to come if I want anything special!

Matron rather than Wonderwoman, though.

Kathy said...

How can you manage to do all that in one day? You must be a much quicker stitcher than I could ever be. I guess you can also sew a straigher seam too! I dread to think what a hash I could make of those tablecloths!

Ali M said...

Hi..Ive just found your blog today..via another craft blog..I live in your village and Ive walked past your house many many times..yet if i walked past you I wouldnt know who you are!!
Brilliant blog..and I just love those fairy bears..sooo cute!!
Ali

Annie said...

Ali M....then maybe you shouldn't walk past :-) Call in and say Hi
A x

Pondside said...

The Great Dane has set up a 6' table in the guest room so that I'll have a place to sew..........so there's a nice place for you to sleep and work if you'd like to come on over and make tablecloths here!