Tuesday 10 November 2009

It's THAT day again.....WIYWW....

Whats in my workroom today???

Well, Ive been busy with my puppets over the last few days and thought I would share them with you. I was originally commissioned to make my first set of 6 puppets for a company from London. They used to write stories to be used for small puppet theatres and I was asked to design and make the 6 characters in the story. This blossomed to making puppets for use in schools and I now make puppets to order, really for anyone that wants them. My eldest daughter is a teacher and she has a set of them all [and more!] and uses them on a daily basis in school. She tends to say "Oh Mum I'm doing ...........this term and I could really do with a ......puppet" and I'm off on my next creation. The puppets are only suitable for children over 3 years due to small parts but children of all ages just love them. I have several in stock that sell for £30.00 plus postage each and am happy to make something individual [I always love a challenge]. I will now introduce you to some of them......



Justify Full

These are 2 of my Mrs Oakley the Farmers wife [yes I do make a Mr Oakley but at the mo have none in stock but happy to make if wanted].











Sherbet the sheep and Cassy the cow.













Dotty the dog and Hatty the hen.













Ruby the rat and Reggie the reindeer.













And last but by no means least this is what I call a giggle of Iggys. This is Iggy the Iguana and I have to say one of my favourites.






I also make Mr Oakley the farmer, Clive the clever clown, Polly the parrot, Ellie the elephant and a Percy the pig and will consider making what ever your challenge is within reason. If I have the pattern they are £30.00 each plus postage but if not then I charge accordingly for the extra work involved. There may be slight variations with each puppet made according to the fabric available at the time.

9 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

If only every workdesk could hold a gaggle of Iggys! They are charming Wipso, can see why they work so well in schools.

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Wow they are fabulous. You're soooo clever ;) Just had a little look at some of the other things too -all wonderful :)
Anne xx

Yvonne said...

Oh wow , how sweet are they ... They are just the bee's knees, fab sure they will sell like hot cakes x

Unknown said...

tHese puppets are so cute

Kaz said...

Wow all of them are adorable!! I wish my desk had some of these!!

PLease could I buy a felted cow from you? My niece adores cows and I know she will love one of these for Christmas! In her words, she has such lovely utters!!!
Thanks xx

Carmen said...

Your little felted animals are so cute and so detailed :D Love the iguanas quiff!

Susan said...

Wow - you are so talented! They are adorable! I love them all!
SuzyX

Paige said...

just how great are they!!! i can see why they are so popular with the kiddies :)

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Adorable!